Monday, April 12, 2010

Oops, I Did It Again

Yesterday, ten friends and I flipped our wheels to the disc side, which was preset with a Tomicog or a disc fixie cog of some sort. That's right, another freewheel-less ride out at Gambrill. Stupid? Maybe, but that never stopped me before, and this time I managed to trick a couple handfuls of friends to join me.

Three of the fellas have never ridden fixie before, two others have never ridden fixie off-road, and the balance of us partake occasionally, if not often. Everyone did well, and I think they enjoyed themselves. No massive hematomas or killer crashes happened. Bummer for the footage ;)

Dylan, still not old enough to drive, is a name that'll be big this year and here on out. He easily smoked us, and made it up Stegosaurus Rocks on his first try. If you've ever tried it singlespeed, you know what an accomplishment that is. If you scorch, you'd give nothing but mad props.

At the end of the ride, one of the first-time-fixie-riders asked, "So what's the advantage of fixie?"

To it, I said, "None. You had fun though?"

"Yeah."

Video by Tuba Sean:


Mid-ride:


End o' Ride:

4 Comments:

At 4/18/2010 8:20 AM, Blogger fatbob29r said...

Badazz!

 
At 4/24/2010 5:25 PM, Blogger camps said...

badass viddy fur sur
the riding wasn't bad either

 
At 4/27/2010 7:56 PM, Blogger gwadzilla said...

you rock!

you all rock!

I need to get on the bike and ride some rocks.

but more than likely not fixed

 
At 5/06/2010 3:50 AM, Blogger Red Bike said...

I've just found this blog.

I have just started riding a fixed gear 29er off-road and I must say i'm loving it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home